Support StaffPay Grade:
05Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Communication Arts SciencesDepartment:
Journalism 10010494Sub Area:
Pay Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or an on-call position. Provides professional support. Responsibilities may include general business, science, medical, agricultural or other professional support functions. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.
Unit Position Summary
• Attends weekly lectures for CAS112 on Thursdays from 7pm – 8:50pm to assist the
instructor and learn the material being covered in order to help students.
• Instructs students during the weekly 2-hour lab sessions and ensures a structured and
welcoming learning environment.
• Using technical instructions and examples, give a 10 minute presentation at the
beginning of each lab that covers the assignment. .
• Evaluates and records lab assignments, homework assignments, midterm and final.
- Intermediate or proficient in the following software programs:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Screenwriting programs
- Final Draft
- Writers' Duet
- Experience with developing your own creative filmmaking skills such as screenwriting, story development, directing, producing, acting, casting, sound capture, post-production sound design and color, titling, poster and logo design and special effects.
- Accurately input grades into the D2L class portal and help keep assignments organized and accessible to students.
- Grade assignments according to the rubric provided by instructor.
- Interested in helping students learn various aspects of beginner filmmaking and media studies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Temp employment, non-8-5 schedule.
Advertised: Sep 1, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 30, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time