Disease Group Project Coordinator for Clinical Research Management Office, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsDisease Group Project Coordinator for Clinical Research Management Office, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) -
part of Georgetown University Medical Center - seeks to prevent, treat and cure cancers by linking scientific discovery, expert and compassionate patient care, quality education and partnership with the community — guided by the principle of cura personalis, “care for the whole person.” Georgetown Lombardi is the research engine driving clinical cancer research at MedStar Health in the D.C. Metro area and northern New Jersey.
The Disease Group Project Coordinator
is the main point of contact for all Disease and Discipline Groups and Leaders across the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) Consortium, handling and synthesizing a large volume of oncology clinical trials information to assist with fulfilling Disease Group expectations outlined in the LCCC Disease Group Charter and aligning with National Cancer Institute expectations. Reporting to the Manager of the Clinical Research Management Office (CRMO), the Disease Group Project Coordinator
has duties include but are not limited to:
- Establish a regular meeting cadence for all LCCC Consortium Level Disease and Discipline Group meetings (minimum of once monthly), including working with Disease Group Leaders (DG-Ls) to establish and distribute meeting agendas and to document and distribute minutes and action items for each meeting.
- Establish a regular meeting cadence for all LCCC Site Level DG meetings on the DC campus in coordination with each DC site DG-L, including working with DG-Ls to establish and distribute meeting agendas and to document and distribute minutes and action items for each meeting.
- Assist DG-Ls with creating and managing portfolio maps to support the vetting and prioritizing of new trials in support of ongoing DG study portfolio review and management.
- Set consistent expectations with DG-Ls and CRMO staff regarding timely updates to patient and protocol level information in the Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS).
- Regular update of the CTMS with protocol level information and key dates to support an efficient and effective study activation process.
- Serve as a Disease Group champion, liaise with Study Activation Coordinators and Regulatory Staff, regarding the status of studies in the start-up process to support timely activation of new LCCC studies.
- Participate actively in meetings, task forces, and committees as assigned.
- Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Adhere to Georgetown University Medical Center's philosophies, policies, and SOPs. Work in compliance with Human Subject Protection, patient confidentiality/HIPAA, and GCP.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in biological science, health science, or health-related field
- Knowledge of clinical research, research processes, and Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Reliable and able to consistently prioritize competing responsibilities
1 to 2 years of related experience in a clinical research disciplineCurrent Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2479688&targetURL=mailto:[email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2479688&targetURL=https://benefits.georgetown.edu/">https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2479688
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency