Public Safety Officer Tracking Code712-280 Job Description
Safety & Security
- Patrol campus by foot, motor vehicle, and cart, providing visibility and maintaining constant, mobile random and unsystematic surveillance of campus
- Provide facility security, including promoting overall safety awareness throughout campus
- Responsible for all security functions of the shift
- Provide parking lot escort services as requested
- Perform daily locking and unlocking of campus buildings
- Handle lock-outs and access issues as needed during shift, including providing appropriate assistance as needed in an expedient and professional fashion
- Know the location and operation of fire alarms and equipment, first aid kits, AED devices, and other safety equipment
- Serve as first responder in emergency situations
- Be alert for persons engaging in prohibited behavior on campus
- Observe and report safety hazards and maintenance issues
- Provide traffic control and parking lot supervision/citations
- Report to supervisor any violation of law or College policies
- Special event details
- Assist in training of new officers as assigned
- Read daily pass-on boards, emails, and schedules for shift preparation
- Perform monthly inspections of AEDs, fire extinguishers, emergency locks/shades, lighting, & emergency exit signs
- Suite guest check-ins and escorts
- Fleet vehicle check-ins/check-outs
- Report and log lost and found items on campus
- Complete incident reports and maintain logs and records
- Provide office and clerical support, if assigned
- Maintain personal and departmental equipment/uniforms
- Assist Chief of Public Safety in any function as required
- All other duties as assigned
Perform duties in professional manner at all times.
- Good judgment, tact, diplomacy, honesty, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to remain alert over long periods and engage in active patrol throughout shift.
- Ability to observe situations objectively, recall and report information accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret and carry out orders, both verbal and written.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, exercising good restraint even in difficult interactions with others.
- Ability to work as a positive team player, and to express one’s self clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to work any shift, and have regular and reliable attendance.
- Physical ability to immediately respond in crisis or emergency anywhere on campus or in surrounding areas of College-owned property.
- Serves on College of Law emergency ride out team and/or may be required to maintain on call emergency response status in the event of emergency activities affecting College of Law.
- Work to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.
- Familiarity in MS Office (Word, Outlook) and the ability to learn security-based technology.
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Florida operator’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Class D security license by date of hire required.
Job Location Gulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular