Vice President, System Office Administrative Services Location:
LSC-University Park Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Vice President, System Office Administrative Services serves as a Financial and Administrative Officer and the Chief Ethics Officer for Lone Star College (LSC) System Office. Provides leadership and oversight of budgets and financial planning, as well as multiple administrative areas that may include, but are not limited to, construction and facilities operations, business services, and vending and food services. This position reports to the Senior AVC of Administrative Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the financial planning of LSC System Office Administrative Services activities; Projects income and expenditures, and analyzes and coordinates budget development within allocations; Monitors and controls expenditures within guidelines established by LSC policies and limitations
- Manages and provides leadership for the student account functions that include but are not limited to cashiering, third party billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. Partner with assigned LSC location(s) leadership in the areas of fiscal accountability, including final responsibility for all financial transactions, record keeping, report preparation, inventory control, and financial and payroll document control
- Responsible for the delivery of all facilities management services for assigned LSC location(s). Services include, but are not limited to: general maintenance, HVAC maintenance, central plant maintenance, generator maintenance, janitorial services, lawn care services, shipping/receiving, and mail services, etc.
- Works with the Sr. Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services and other LSC leadership to develop LSC protocols to enhance efficiencies and operational functionality. Ensures compliance with all applicable internal and external rules, regulations, guidelines contractual requirements, as well as with LSC policies and procedures. Creates and maintains positive community interaction and partnerships, both internal and external, including attendance at regional and national professional organizations
- Serves as liaison between System Office and a variety of departments and LSC leadership, and serves on various committees and councils as appropriate
- Advises the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor, Administrative Services regarding strategic initiatives and planning, and assists in the development and review of policies to be recommended to the LSC Executive Council
- Serves as Chief Ethics Officer for LSC System Office
- Strong commitment to diversity of the college’s workforce
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of business, accounting, budget software/applications
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with System faculty and staff and the general public including verbal, written, and electronic communiqués
- Ability to oversee, plan, and implement major programs and services for the organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires incumbent to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs
- Ability to perform work that encompasses advanced technical, scientific, legal, or mathematical concepts
- Ability to determine goals, policies, and desired outcomes for multiple units
- Ability to manage the budget within an assigned department and to determine allocation of budget among departments
- Ability to successfully handle purchasing authority of over $25,000 without supervisory approval
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Master’s Degree and at least 10 years of related work experience, with at least 5 years in a Manager- or Director-level position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Hiring salary is $125,140.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.