Student Success LibrarianLocation:
Library General OperationsPosting Date:
Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited Library or Information Science programPreferred:
Ability to work professionally with languages and cultures represented across the university
Demonstrated ability to work independently and on a highly collaborative team
Evidence of teaching skills (one-on-one and group settings)
Strong customer service orientation
Coursework with an emphasis on education and outreach.Primary Responsibilities:
Ability to read, write, and teach in Spanish.
General The Student Success Librarian works with a team of librarians focused on student-centered service. This librarian will lead areas of education and access, including reference services, the Library Instruction Program, the development of educational and outreach materials to make library-purchased and open access (including OER) resources more easily available to the communities of SRSU with the goal of creating meaningful connections with students (in person and online).
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general reference services with possible (infrequent) weekend or evening hours
- Teach information literacy skills and concepts to support and enhance the Information Literacy Program at SRSU Library
- Coordinate creation and maintenance of Library instructional resources and materials, such as tutorials and online research and subject guides
- Coordinate effective and strategic marketing of services, resources, and spaces
- Build relationships across the university in support of strategic student success initiatives
- Generate monthly statistical reports
- Perform other reasonable duties as required
Position is Security Sensitive. Other Information:
- Received: Reports to the Director of Library and Research Technologies.
- Given: May supervise Library Assistant or Student Assistants
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.About SRSU:
Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System, campuses in Alpine, Del Rio, Eagle Pass and Uvalde, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 2,000 students on campus in Alpine.
At an elevation of 4,480 feet in the scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountains State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park and Guadalupe Mountains National Park are all within one to three hours’ driving distance from Alpine.