Job no: 518058
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:27010718 - HA-ANCILLARY SERVICES
Applic Developer Analyst II
- Architect and continually improve processes to import coded/de-identified image volumes from one or several PACS systems within UF Health. All imaging modalities may be accommodated.
- Develop one or more imaging informatic platforms (e.g., Extensible Neuroimaging Archive Toolkit (XNAT)) that support secure and reliable imaging data extraction from UF Health imaging archives and delivery to research computing environments.
- Architect and continually improve processes that facilitate access to imaging data and services authorized by research users.
- Conduct all oversight, maintenance, and updating of the research imaging informatics platform, tools, and related business processes.
- Develop and manage processes, in close coordination with the UF Health IDR, team to link imaging data with electronic health record (EHR) and other clinical data for delivery to researchers.
- Ensure acceptably high levels of system up-time and security.
- Collaborate closely with senior UF Health IT and informatics leadership to ensure the imaging informatics platform and related systems and processes are well documented and consistent with local policies, including from the Institutional Review Board, Privacy Office, and IT Security.
Continuous learning and improvement
- Continually learn from and engage with the local, national, and global imaging informatics professional community to identify and inform improvements to the local imaging informatics platform and related systems and processes.
$75,000 - $85,000
Associate's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and 3-5 years professional experience.
- M.S. or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics or related fields.
- Prior experience in computer vision, machine learning or AI applications in clinical imaging.
- Strong knowledge of XML, HL7, and DICOM.
- Previous experience/Expertise in large-scale database management, such as MySQL, XNAT, MongoDB, or dcm4che.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements governing Protected Health Information.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Proven track record of delivering data projects on time and ready for use.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload the following - CV or Resume, Cover Letter and List of Professional References.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 13 Dec 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled