Employer Relations Coordinator - 501110
As a member of the Employer Relations team, the Employer Relations Coordinator will support employer recruitment operations and systems, assist in reporting, supervise student assistants, provide administrative support to the other members of the Employer Relations team, and support implementation of the broader goals and strategic initiatives of Alumni and Career Services (ACS) and the Advancement Division.
Recruitment Operations and Systems
- Support on-campus and virtual recruitment activities (e.g., interviews, office hours, information sessions and tables, etc.); greet employer representatives; communicate (in-person, email, and phone) effectively and promptly with students and employers; anticipate and proactively respond to needs and resolve issues; assist with technology needs (e.g., video conferencing, presentation, etc.); and support the Assistant Director, Employer Relations with career fair execution.
- Document post-recruiting activity (e.g., student attendance, alumni volunteer activity) in the online recruiting platform (e.g. Symplicity, Handshake).
- Handle employer and student questions and requests; provide general University information, including how to “Hire a Spider” and assistance with the online recruiting platform; and elevate questions/concerns to other staff members as appropriate.
- Manage recruiting email inboxes for Employer Relations and promptly forward or respond to messages.
- Process employer registrations, opportunity postings, and general information session requests in the online recruiting platform and related software; review and research for accuracy and legitimacy; and monitor and update information for continued accuracy.
- Develop, document, and regularly update standard operating procedures for day-of recruiting activities and to maintain consistent and efficient operations.
- Collaborate with career advising team to design career education content and events, and secure organization representatives (including alumni, parents, and recruiters) to participate.
- Adhere to all university rules, policies, regulations, and customer service expectations.
- Engage with professional associations and other organizations to gain industry knowledge and operational best practices, as well as develop relationships with career services professionals.
Data, Reporting, and Technology
- Develop reports to support quarterly and annual assessment and reporting; process data requests in coordination with the Director, Employer Relations.
- Generate employer recruitment histories to support ACS and Advancement with alumni and parent relationship development.
- Generate reports and related documents to support marketing of employer postings and recruitment activities in coordination with the Communications Manager, ACS.
- Recommend and complete process improvements, troubleshoot issues, and maximize use of modules within the online recruiting platform and related software, as well as develop or update standard operating procedures.
- Utilize online recruiting platform and related software as well as customer relationship management platforms (e.g., Raiser’s Edge) used in other university departments to access and record alumni and employer data.
- Assist in regular data entry and cleaning in the online recruiting platform and other related software to maintain accuracy and completeness.
- Provide administrative and operational support to Employer Relations staff.
- Serve as primary Queally Center Career Services front desk back-up for the Administrative Coordinator, ACS.
- Maintain organization and functionality of Employer Relations public areas, including the front desk, lobby, employer lounge, interview rooms, and student prep room, as well as the audio/visual and other equipment in these spaces, in coordination with the Administrative Coordinator, ACS.
Supervision and Training
- Assist with the training of employers, students, and staff on the use of the online recruiting platform.
- Hire, train, and supervise student assistant(s) in processing registrations and opportunity postings, data management in the online recruiting platform, office operations, and supporting employer representatives with on-campus recruiting activities.
- Strong work ethic and initiative, as well as effective organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including the ability to work with diverse internal and external individuals; act with integrity, diplomacy and tact; and handle confidential or sensitive situations and materials with discretion.
- Excellent relationship management skills to develop rapport among students, staff, University departments, alumni, parents, employers, and guests of the University.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent, ethical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Technologically proficient and open to embracing new technology and software updates; familiarity with online recruiting platforms, and other approved University software, such as Banner, Centralized Scheduling Service/Event Management System, Qualtrics, Raiser’s Edge, and Zoom is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of standard office technology and software applications, and basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of administrative, customer service, and data management experience preferred.
- Experience in higher education, career services, and/or a recruiting support role preferred.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- May be required to work beyond the normal workday in conjunction with on-campus recruitment seasons, as well as Advancement and ACS events
Pay Grade 4 (Hiring Range $17.18 to $21.48 per hour)
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE