Data Visualization Specialist (Clerc Center) Location:
Gallaudet University Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Application Information SUMMARY:The Data Visualization Specialist collaborates with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research team members and program staff to develop data-related products for sharing with internal and external groups; transforms textual data into compelling visuals for parents, school professionals, and other groups in Deaf Education; transforms data into summaries clear and engaging to parents, school professionals; performs data-related tasks; develops clear, attractive data visualization products using software programs and apps; works with Monitoring, Evaluation and Research staff to communicate results through presentations, reports, data products and tools for internal and external audiences; and establishes and maintains effective, collegial relationships with program staff, school professionals, and potential collaborators.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:Collaborates with Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) team members and program staff to develop data-related products for sharing with internal and external groups.Transforms textual data into compelling visuals (graphs, charts, infographics) for different audiences (e.g., parents and school professionals).Transforms data-based knowledge into summaries; writes content that is clear and engaging to different audiences (e.g., parents, school professionals).Creates data visualizations for various data-related products.Develops clear, attractive data visualization products using software programs and apps (e.g., Piktochart, Canva).Works with MER staff and program staff to communicate results through presentations, reports, data visualizations, and tools for internal and external audiences.Establishes and maintains professional, collegial relationships with team members, program staff, school professionals, potential collaborators and others with a commitment to and value for equity.Builds capacity of MER staff and internal program staff in data visualization.Remains up-to-date with data visualization standards as well as new data visualization techniques and tools.Develops templates for standard reporting of data and results.Performs data entry, cleaning and analysis tasks. Follows all professional and ethical standards established for protection of human participants.Establishes and maintains a positive and supportive working relationship with co-workers and supervisor.Serve as a mandatory reporter under Title IX; and commits to completing Title IX training and other compliance requirements on an annual basis.Performs related and other duties as assigned. SPECIFICATIONS:
Required Minimum Qualifications (When the candidate’s resume meets these qualifications, it will be screened in):
Bachelor’s degree. A minimum two years of experience in data visualization, data analysis, and/or preparing data summaries and reports.
- Fluency in both American Sign Language and Written English.
Preferred Qualifications (While not required, it is an advantage for what the position needs):
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in statistics, math, computer science or other fields relevant to data analysis.
- Experience in using statistical programs (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Python, Excel) for analysis and reporting.
- Experience writing and preparing reports, presentations, and data summaries for general and professional audiences (e.g., parents, school professionals).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Qualities that will help the incumbent be more successful in the position):
Ability to successfully work independently and with diverse work teams.Ability to choose and present data points when creating summaries.
- Basic understanding of statistics and mathematics with a demonstrated ability to interpret and summarize statistical results.
- Demonstrated knowledge in using statistical programs (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Python, Excel) for analysis and reporting.
- Ability to write and prepare reports, presentations, and data summaries for general and professional audiences (e.g., parents, school professionals).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with people who are members of linguistically, culturally and racially diverse communities, including parents, teachers and professionals.
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and participates in activities and workshops to foster continuous learning.
Other Important Information:
- At time of interview, the applicant will be asked to provide a portfolio to demonstrate professional experience, knowledge and skills for this position.
- The applicant will be asked to review a brief description of basic data and results and then prepare a brief, basic visual summary of data and results.
- All employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to submit their vaccination record prior to entering campus.
Saslary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will undergo a background check that must be cleared prior to working at Gallaudet University.Gallaudet University is an equal opportunity employer/educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, age, hearing status, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of business or residence, pregnancy, childbirth, or any other unlawful basis. This policy is in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the District of Columbia Human Rights Act, and other applicable laws and applies to all procedures affecting applicants and employees including, but not necessarily limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, reassignment, reappointment, tenure, demotion, selection for training, layoff, furlough, and termination, compensation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.