Research Support Specialist Location:
Gallaudet University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time: Job ID:
Reporting to the Director of the Center for Advancing Trauma Informed Care for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children, the Research Support Specialist provides support for the Center for Advancing Trauma Informed Care for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children, including monitoring of research activities and collection of performance data; coordinates project activities and manages administrative tasks; coordinates team communication; field-tests participant recruitment; provides intervention training and consultation; and assists with product dissemination.
Provides administrative support across all project tasks to streamline processes, facilitates communication among project team members, and supports overall project efficiency.Works with project team members to create timelines and schedules, and oversees progress to make sure goals are met on time. Assists with project operations, including but not limited to participant recruitment for research activities, coordination of intervention training and consultation activities, and logistics support for translation activities.Supports the project's evaluation efforts and assists with tasks as needed, including performance data collection.Supports the Center's communication efforts, to include maintaining social media accounts and developing and posting brief product summaries. Establishes and maintains a positive and supportive working relationship with co-workers and supervisor.
Shows a genuine commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; and participates in activities and workshops to foster continuous learning. Serves as a mandatory Title IX reporter; and takes annual Title IX training as part of the compliance effort.Performs other related duties as assigned. SPECIFICATIONS:
Required Minimum Qualifications (When the candidate’s resume meets these qualifications, it will be screened in):
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field.
- A minimum of two years of research support experience (college student work and/or internship experience will be considered).
- Fluency in American Sign Language.
Preferred Qualifications (While not required, it is an advantage for what the position needs):
- Experience with data collection or data management and project management technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Qualities that will help the incumbent be more successful in the position):
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of psychological theories.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on team projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and across University departments, outside constituents and groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Other Important Information:
- This is a part-time position (24 hours per week).
- All employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to submit their vaccination record prior to entering campus or by 45 days of employment, whichever is earlier.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will undergo a background check that must be cleared prior to working at Gallaudet University.
Gallaudet University is an equal opportunity employer/educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, age, hearing status, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of business or residence, pregnancy, childbirth, or any other unlawful basis. This policy is in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the District of Columbia Human Rights Act, and other applicable laws and applies to all procedures affecting applicants and employees including, but not necessarily limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, reassignment, reappointment, tenure, demotion, selection for training, layoff, furlough, and termination, compensation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.