Date: September 2021
Job Title: Associate Director, Student Health and Counseling Services
Department: Student Affairs
Reports To: Director of Student Affairs
Position Overview: Oversee a health promotion and counseling program that promotes wellness and development while managing all clinical and administrative Student Health and Counseling Services staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the chief wellness officer of the College, create and consult as needed regarding policies and procedures that pertain to students and occasionally staff, faculty, and other non-student populations. Proactively keep informed about college health and public health issues.
- Hire, train and supervise a diverse team of clinicians and administrative staff.
- Monitor public health trends and inform and advise about communicable diseases.
- Hold biweekly case meetings and additional supervisory staff meetings as needed.
- Attend and be an active participant in Student Affairs, Senior Staff, Intake Office, Emergency Management Committee and other meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain and develop appropriate community referrals.
- Oversee immunization compliance and insurance program.
- Create an offering of health promotion and awareness information/events to reach a diverse student artist community. Plan and participate in health-related RA training, OL training, and Orientation programs.
- Collaborate with staff to identify current student needs and how to best reach the student population. Develop and enhance programs to address those needs.
- Attend conferences, lectures, and take courses to keep abreast of current information and trends.
- Assess students and make referrals based on their presenting problem.
- Provide health education and wellness coaching for students.
- Provide follow-up contact for students who have medically related Incident Reports filed.
- Maintain accurate records, documenting visits and calls with SOAP notes.
- Requires a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Public Health (MPH) degree. Must hold active New York State RN license. Preference will go to candidates with experience in College Health Nursing or with board certification in a related specialty area.
- Minimum ten years professional nursing experience
- Minimum of five years managerial experience
- Requires an integrative and multi-disciplinary professional nursing experience. A strong emphasis is placed on assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care and increasing patient understanding of illness through teaching in a diverse clinical environment.
- Experience working with adolescents and/or a college student population. Sensitivity to and ability to learn about special populations which include cultural diversity as well as artists' special concerns.
- Excellent assessment, communication, and people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Full computer literacy.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.