Job no: 496069
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking an Associate Athletics Communication Director in the Athletics Department.
- Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Communications with day-to-day office leadership to ensure all communications responsibilities are being performance and completed to the highest standards.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the media and ensure the timely dissemination of accurate information, including news releases, event results and statistics for multiple programs, including men’s basketball.
- Develop and implement social media strategies for The Citadel Athletics social media accounts, including day-to-day management of all accounts.
- Write and edit new releases, game notes and feature releases.
- Assist in conceptualization and creation for graphic content for designated sports and athletic department needs.
- Work with appropriate coaches and professional support staff to conceptualize, design, produce and distribute print, electronic and video materials such as record books, game programs and email updates.
- Collaborate with the external operations team to conceptualize, create and distribute strategic and cutting-edge content.
- Be responsible for timely reporting of records and statistics to appropriate service bureaus and CitadelSports.com.
- Manage strategic informational, marketing and promotional efforts with coaches, administrators, external operations team members and campus constituents.
- Provide digital media support, including social media, video and digital asset management.
- Maintain and update history and record books, as well as rosters, statistics and photo archives on CitadelSports.com.
- Be required to attend games and events, and work extended hours, including occasional nights, weekends and holidays. Travel in order to perform assigned job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization and two years’ experience in a collegiate or professional sports setting. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge and experience in management of athletic web pages, as well as with NCAA statistical data and reporting systems, including NCAA Live Stats. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply NCAA and Division rules and regulations. Willingness to work nights and weekends to support athletics schedules. Travel when necessary.
Social media and graphic design experience preferred.
Advertised: Sep 01 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 13 2021 Eastern Daylight Time