Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or universityKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Responsibilities The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and participate in research - Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Presents findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals - Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.
- Coordinate activities of student, grad assistants, etc. - Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work, Advise principal investigators, other Postdocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures, and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot & repair equipment - Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair dedicated research equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Job Summary This position is designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific, technical, and administrative work in support of research efforts in an assigned research setting. Participate in research data collection and documentation within relevant guidelines and protocols; Develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; Publish results in scientific journals; Perform a variety of complex statistical, scientific and computational research. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.Shift/Salary Shift: M-F/8a-5p (Work outside of the normal business hours may be required.) Salary: $38,000/Annually-$47,500/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond. Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.