STUDENT AFFAIRS COORDINATOR, School of Dental Medicine, Student Affairs Tracking Code6532 Job Description
The Student Affairs Coordinator is responsible for providing advanced support for initiatives and programming for SDM Student Affairs, and for supporting the 800+ predoctoral and postdoctoral students in all student-related programming, project and events. They will handle complex and confidential situations and requests and serve in a highly visible capacity as resource for the department with students, staff, faculty and other constituents. Areas of job responsibility include the administration of the tutoring program, wellness programming, student clubs and organizations, and implementation of non-academic policies and student communications. Provides administrative support for the Associate Dean, Director of Educational Resources, Director of Student Affairs, and Student Affairs Program Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education, preferable in student affairs/student support services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Project management capabilities
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively
- Interest in working with students in higher education, particularly with graduate, international, and non-traditional student populations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google Applications, Canva, event scheduling and resources management systems
- Bachelors degree required, masters degree in student affairs, higher education, or related area
- Occasional weekday evenings, weekend, and early morning hours required. In periods of heavy workload, workdays of greater than 8 hours are possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular