: Graham Center for Collaborative InnovationLocations:
: York, PAPosted:
: Sep 1, 2021Closes:
: Nov 30, 2021 - 11:59 PM ESTType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About York College of Pennsylvania:
Established in 1787, York College of Pennsylvania is a private, four-year college located in the city of York, a hub of arts and industry between Baltimore and Philadelphia. Housed on 190 picturesque acres, the college is known for its focus on experiential learning and community engagement, serving over 4,000 undergraduate and 300+ graduate students in more than 70 baccalaureate majors, along with 20+ graduate and professional programs. Deeply rooted in the liberal arts and recognized for excellence in its professional nursing, business, engineering, and education programs, York is ranked among the nation's top 50 Best Value Schools by U.S. News. The College's robust recreation and athletics program is among the best in the region, and is home to 23 NCAA III Division sports teams and 30+ intramural sports. A Princeton Review Best Northeastern College, York prides itself on its experienced, engaged faculty; its high-impact and student-centric philosophy; and its long-standing commitment to affordability and accessibility.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Executive Director of the Graham Center for Collaborative Innovation embraces and supports the Graham Center for Collaborative Innovation (GCCI) whose mission is to promote innovation through collaboration across the entire York College campus. The GCCI is the central hub bringing together the College's five schools, other administrative units, and the community.
The GCCI also serves as the unifying element for three interconnected campus entities: 1) the Graham Collaborative Innovation Fellows and Engaged Scholars, a corps of innovative student leaders from diverse disciplines who learn through real-world experiences; 2) the Center for Academic Innovation that develops, supports and encourages faculty to make high-impact educational practices (HIPs) and digital pedagogy central features of a York College education; and 3) the Knowledge Park (KP) that enhances opportunities for students and faculty to interact with local businesses and organizations. Through community and business partners, the GCCI promotes attracts new enterprises to the greater York community and region.
Reporting to the President of the College, The Executive Director of the GCCI plays a major role in achieving the goals of the GCCI. Primary responsibilities include:
- Planning, managing and executing a wide range of activities that promote and market the activities of the GCCI at the College, regionally and nationally
- Creating opportunities for innovative and collaborative partnerships across all units at the College and the community.
- Cultivating relationships with a range of nonprofit, government and private sector organizations.
- Developing RFPs that promote GCCI goals and working with entities to develop proposals in response to RFPs.
- Contributing to internal approval review processes; ensuring appropriate documentation, budgeting and reporting.
- Working with appropriate offices to seek, recommend, and develop proposals for funding by external funders.
- Serving as primary liaison with program area administrators on all aspects of their awards, including pre-and post-award issues.
Education and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience working in higher education, not-for-profit, or private sector with a focus on innovation and collaboration. Experience working in higher education preferred.
- A record of successful leadership in program development and delivery; developing and implementing successful programs that span multiple units and constituents,
- Masters required, doctorate preferred
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate should be able to understand the operations of complex organizations with multiple stakeholders, and workplace cultures. Have the ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse set of partners in service of advancing a complex initiative. They should have experience in developing and responding to external RFPs, developing innovative evidence based approaches in higher education, not for profit or private sector. Must be able to think creatively and strategically, to embrace new concepts and encourage others to develop and carry them out. Should be able to establish and steward long-term partnerships with companies and faculty/student teams that result in multi-dimensional, high impact, high value partnerships. Ability to communicate orally and in writing and must demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit the following:
Review of applications will begin immediately. While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, for full consideration, applications should be received by December 1, 2021.