: Information TechnologyLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Aug 31, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, provide a variety of technical support services to the IT department, including tasks in operations, Banner and other administrative systems, and the Help Desk. Coordinate IT procurement and computer lab scheduling. Exercises discretion and independent judgment while providing confidential administrative support to the Chief Information Officer and Directors.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the merging of Banner person records when duplicate entities are identified. This involves working closely with other college offices, as person records are created for employees, vendors, and credit and non-credit students.
- Perform a variety of Information Systems technical tasks involved with operations, print college reports, and executing student drops and emails.
- Coordinate computer lab scheduling at both the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses, for all classes and events.
- Assist the CIO, Directors and Managers in the procurement process; coordinate licensing, and acquisition of supplies and materials necessary for the operations of the IT department, and maintains accurate budgetary information.
- Manage, coordinate and assist with a variety of special projects.
- Assist in the administration of system security; may review and assign rights and folders; performs user security checks and audits.
- Monitor the IT Communication shared mailboxes and responds or routes emails as appropriate. May assist with web content migration or other web and portal tasks.
- Provide assistance to the IT Help Desk, and occasionally the college switchboard, during peak processing times.
- Prepare confidential reports and coordinate various office administrative functions, including travel, event and meeting arrangements, and processing and payment of bills and reimbursements.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required.
- Two years of related working experience is required.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to use and maintain databases is required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to deliver services in an environment where there is an emphasis on customer service are required. Incumbent must be able to provide information and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Work environment may include high computer related noise levels, low office temperatures, paper and equipment generated dust. Some standing and walking and the ability to lift paper and equipment (25-30 pounds). Physical skill required for keyboarding.
Administrative supervision is received from the Chief Information Officer.
Functional supervision may be exercised over support staff and student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday - 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $48,870 - Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.