Job location: MC-Main Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
POSITION: FACULTY, Mathematics
STATUS: Full time Tenure track
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on qualifications.
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work experience.
START DATE: January 3, 2022
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open communications. Fifteen credit hours a semester constitute a standard load. Course assignments may be late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To have and maintain a thorough knowledge of his/her subject matter and to keep informed of growth and developments in his/her field for the purpose of continually improving the delivery of instruction to the student population.
2. Teach assigned courses.
3. Work closely with other instructors and special programs and services within the college to determine placements, curriculum, and academic support.
4. Participate in course development, assessment, accreditation, and planning activities.
5. Be willing to teach online and/or hybrid courses.
6. Participate in appropriate departmental meetings and recruitment activities; serve on committees.
7. Assist students with academic advising.
8. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
9. Demonstrate strong understanding and commitment to the community college mission.
10. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
11. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
1. Master’s Degree in Mathematics.
2. Two (2) years of teaching experience.
1. Experience in teaching online learning and use of course learning management programs.
2. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
5. Experience in teaching a variety of math courses.
6. Experience using publisher online resources such as homework and testing software.
7. Experience using video conferencing tools such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
1. Normal classroom physical demands.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
2. Remote teaching environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):