Job location: JJC Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Project Achieve Student Employee (Student Support Services)
Student Employee, Project Achieve (Student Support Services)
Assist students and staff in the Project Achieve Department with the following areas: Student Applications, filing student records, performing office duties
THIS POSITION IS A FEDERAL WORK STUDY POSITION ONLY. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR FAFSA APPLICATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING FEDERAL WORK STUDY ELIGIBILITY, PLEASE CONTACT FINANCIAL AID AT (815) 280-2528.
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Project Achieve (Student Support Services)
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Project Achieve
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Tonetta Jones, Coordinator, TRiO Student Support Services; and Lynn Douglass-McGee, Secretary, Project Achieve
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
(Position is FWS only)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist new students with Program application
2. Assist students with making appointments with proper academic tutor
3. Create flyers, brochures, bulletin boards and other promotional materials.
4. Provide front desk coverage and answer phones as needed.
5. Handle documentation and files.
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Receive Federal Work Study
2. 2.5 GPA or higher
3. Excellent communication, interpersonal, public speaking and customer service skills
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
5. HOURS: Must be available to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-4:30pm, 15-20 hours/week
Familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Normal office physical demands.
• Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):