Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number :
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean for Language & Professional Programs (LPP), the Program Coordinator provides customer service to prospective and current students and administrative support to department staff. This is a full-time, non-exempt staff position.
- Manage Language & Professional Programs (LPP) office and provide administrative support to staff
- Order office supplies and manage maintenance, facilities, equipment, and information technology issues and requests for the department and follow through to completion
- Greet and handle visitors professionally and diplomatically; respond to inquiries from the public, staff, faculty, students and clients
- Act as the initial point of contact for prospective students and clients, and manage the application life cycle for all program applicants, from initial inquiry through admission
- Manage program logistics from set up, through student arrival, orientation, end-of-session events and evaluation
- Prepare faculty offer letters
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable for the department
- Maintain accurate record-keeping systems for all programs, including student and budget data; apply knowledge of FERPA guidelines in management of student records
- Provide students and clients support regarding housing, health insurance, and campus and local resources; refer to Office of Student Services and International Student Advisor, as necessary
- Coordinate logistical and administrative arrangements for on-campus programs, including classroom assignments, catering, lectures, performances, book orders, technology needs, etc.
- Liaise with other departments, such as Admissions, Records, Students Services and Human Resources, to ensure adherence to their policies and procedures as well as efficient and timely processing of necessary paperwork
- Manage program webpage content, ensuring it remains up to date
- Maintain documentation of department policies and procedures, including administrative procedures manuals
- Supervise and coordinate office graduate assistants, including their training and project assignments
Other duties as assigned.
College degree or equivalent or five years of previous experience in an administrative capacity, preferably with experience in an academic setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills, including ability to work cooperatively with culturally and linguistically diverse students, staff, faculty, and public
- Accurate record keeping skills and attention to detail
- Capacity to prioritize and organize work requests and projects
- Ability to set and reach short- and long-term goals and to prioritize them on a daily basis
- Ability to learn complex policy and procedures and to apply them to individual cases
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management systems and best practices
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technologies and systems
- Proficiency in a second language preferred
- Willingness and ability to comply with Institute policies, procedures, and mandates
A minimum of two years’ work experience, preferably in recruiting, admissions, or student services in higher education context.
The Middlebury institute of International Studies maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act. The position requires moderate-to-heavy physical exertion.Essential job functions require ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk, bend, climb, push/pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally. Also requires fine dexterity and ability to grasp, i.e. for writing and word processing/data entry.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/24454
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency