Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location University of Silicon Valley - San Jose, CAPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift Intermittent/ VariableJob Category EducationDescription
Teach one or more subjects in in the broad area of undergraduate biological sciences including Biology, Human Anatomy and/or Environmental Science. Other aspects of teaching include; supervision of instructional activities, curriculum and course development, and creation of teaching and instructional materials.
This position is for an on-campus instructor at our San Jose location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach one or more classes per semester
- Collaborate with department faculty in curriculum implementation, student support, and continuous program improvement. Ensure curriculum and syllabi are up to date and all classes have relevant materials through program review
- Maintain regular office hours outside of instructional time
- Participate in department meetings and student success initiatives
- Participate in program learning assessment
- Build and maintain community and industry relationships, including project partnerships, student opportunities
- Maintain subject knowledge
- Other duties and related projects as assigned
This job operates in a classroom environment on-ground and/or online with extensive people interaction. Classes may be scheduled at night, during the day, as well as on weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit for long periods; use hands and reach with hands and arms for such activities as keyboarding.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time
Master’s Degree in Related Field OR Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree is only acceptable with extensive industry or teaching experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at a professional level with practical domain specific experience.
- Teaching experience in an academic or professional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work with and help students. Ability and willingness to discern and meet the needs of students.
- Strong computer skills including an ability to collect and analyze information.
- Competent in a wide variety of tools or techniques related to the pertinent field.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work with others in a collegial and productive manner.