Job DetailsJob Location University of Silicon Valley - San Jose, CAPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeJob Category EducationDescription
Transfer knowledge including theory, practical skills, methods and techniques. Impart practical application of principles, techniques, and software. Other aspects of teaching include; academic advising, supervision of instructional activities, such as cooperative work experiences, internships, and practice; instructional management, tutoring; curriculum and course development; and creation of teaching and instructional materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach one or more classes per semester
- Collaborate with department faculty in curriculum implementation, student support, and continuous program improvement.
- Ensure curriculum and syllabi are up to date and all classes have relevant materials through program review
- Maintain regular office hours outside of instructional time
- Maintain industry knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in a classroom environment with extensive people interaction. Classes may be scheduled at night, during the day, as well as on weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand for long periods; use hands and reach with hands and arms for such activities as keyboarding.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time.
Master’s Degree in Related Field OR Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree is only acceptable with extensive industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at a professional level with practical domain specific experience.
- Teaching experience in an academic or professional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work with and help students. Ability and willingness to discern and meet the needs of students.
- Strong computer skills.
- Competent in a wide variety of tools or techniques related to the pertinent field.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work with others in a collegial and productive manner.