The Office of the Registrar, an administrative service center for the University of Denver community, takes an active role in assisting students and faculty with registration and advising by providing the tools needed to review academic progress, create class schedules and successfully register for classes. Specialized services include, but are not limited to: Register for classes, prompt transcript distribution, degree evaluation and certification, enrollment and degree verification, classroom scheduling, and withdrawal processing.
The Student Systems Analyst, supports the mission of the Registrars Office. The Administrative Systems Specialist is responsible for the functional administration of the Banner Student Module and other software applications including set up, maintenance, term controls, registration controls, course scheduling, Banner catalog, and general student of the Banner Student Module for the University. This position ensures that Banner validation tables, rules forms, and other key processes are accurate, updated, and tested. This position creates test plans, analyzes, researches, and documents functionality of the systems, and works closely with University Technology Services, Office of the Bursar, Financial Aid, Admissions, Institutional Research, and with other constituents.
In addition to following the University of Denver's policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position is responsible for enrollment and degree compliance reporting for the University and will interpret academic, state, and federal policies and procedures as it pertains to the Banner Student Module; and by using an enhanced and cultivated sense of logic to analyze, diagnosis and correct data other systems will produce data from the SIS, ensures accuracy of data, and submit data for reporting to external constituents including National Student Clearinghouse and NSLDS. The position will also create compliance-related reports for NCAA and Veterans Administration.
- The Administrative Systems develops, creates, and delivers custom reports to constituents across campus, including the Provost, deans, and departments. The person in this position must be able to analyze, interpret requests to ensure that methodology and that data from various sources are delivered timely and accurately.
- The Student Systems Analyst serves on committees as needed to represent the Registrars Office regarding technology issues and projects. The individual in this position is also responsible for developing documentation related to the position.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or closely related field.
- 0-2 years of experience in systems analysis, design, or programming to include experience working with student information system such as Banner, PeopleSoft, or Ellucian College.
- Experience providing customer service in a professional office environment.
- Experience using data reporting tools such as Cognos, SQL, Microsoft Access or Related.
- Experience querying and analyzing data.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience developing and implementing training and/or workshops.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. This position has availability to work from home, exact schedule to be determined with supervisor.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.