Athletic Field Specialist Tracking Code708-280 Job Description
Provide daily and routine care of the Athletic Training Center including, turf care, game day preparation, common grounds, Rinker Intramural Field, irrigation and other tasks as assigned.
- Daily and routine mowing and care of the athletic playing surfaces at the Athletic Training Center and Rinker Intramural Field.
- Prepare playing fields for games and practice sessions including mowing, sweeping and painting lines
- Daily inspection of fields to determine needs relating to irrigation, application of products for plant growth, weed and fungus control. Communication of these needs to the Assistant Manager Sports Turf Manager. Follow up to assure issues were addressed in timely manner.
- Schedule daily and weekly work to be accomplished
- Communicate with coaching staff and athletic administrators regarding the support Facilities Management requires of athletics. Communicate with coaching and athletic administrators regarding support athletics requires of Facilities managements
- Operates all machines, mowers, spreaders, tractors, edger’s, clippers, turf maintenance equipment and hand tools used to provide professional care for athletic playing surfaces and facilities
- Maintains machinery and equipment according to manufactures protocol. Creates schedule and arranges for contracted maintenance services to take place on all equipment.
- Install sod, perform hand watering as needed, rake, police property, install plantings and equipment as requested
- With the University Electrician coordinates the repair and replacement of exterior lighting including game day lighting.
- Performs others duties and tasks as assigned by management
- Abides by, and complies with, all University policies and procedures
- Note: The above are intended to be examples of the various types of task and duties performed. The omission of specific task from the list above does not exclude them from the tasks and duties performed by this position, provided the requested are similar, related or logical assignments of the position.
Minimum Education: HS Diploma/GED
- Knowledge of an experience with tools and machines used maintaining sports turf and facility maintenance
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work for long duration in adverse environmental conditions
- Experience in operations of high lifts and high voltage power
- Prior experience caring for athletic turf, facilities maintenance and operation of equipment required to care for the turf and facilities
- High School diploma or GED, reading and writing ability at tenth grade level
- Must have and maintain a valid State of Florida Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
Salary Grade: 3
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular