Manager, Security and Access Control
Full-Time# of Openings:
Facilities Management and Physical Plant
Under the direction of the Director of Site Protection, and working collaboratively with other University departments, the Manager, Security and Access Controls
leads the daily operations of campus physical access control & security systems applications, administration, database management. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for oversight of preventive maintenance programs, installation and repair of all systems peripheral devices and hardware. Site Protection
, part of our Facilities
organization, is tasked with the operation and management of critical life safety and security systems and infrastructure which indirectly supports all University departments and programs, and directly supports and collaborates with first responder units. Responsibilities
This position is also responsible for the development and management of budgets for labor, materials, services, and other necessary expenditures, to include both operating budgets and major maintenance funds for major repairs replacements and upgrades, prepare and present budgets to secure funding for upgrades or new initiatives. The Manager has five direct reports, two shop supervisors (1) electronic access control and security systems shop supervisor and (1) Lock shop supervisor, three systems administrators and supports ten system repair technicians/Locksmiths. This position performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines; develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures;
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems; meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates — Provides coaching, guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance; recruiting, hiring, training and development of staff members
- Project management, manage integrator/vendor SSA/SLA agreements; Control costs, manage to a divisional departmental budget
- Serves as primary liaison with the University’s Department of Public Safety & University Housing Department. Both are primary stakeholders and rely on Site Protection to provide exceptional service and reliable systems regarding access control and security systems. Also, as needed builds relationships with local, state, and federal organizations to ensure timely communications during events on campus.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Analyzing Data or Information — Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
Associates degree or other 2-year degree with an engineering, computer science or technical discipline, with technical understanding of database managed systems. Substantial and demonstrated commensurate experience may be a substitute for a college degree. Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills, with demonstrated leadership ability to build a team and work effectively with multiple agencies, students, faculty, staff, and guests of the University.Three- five years of broad hands-on involvement with implementation and operations of physical access control and security systems at either a large corporate campus or within a university setting. Experience should include work in a customer service-oriented environment.General knowledge of access control and security system standards, both electronic access control and traditional keyed locking systems, equipment, products, and services.Knowledge of technology applications, including the use of various computer hardware and software systems.Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to communicate equally well with college faculty and administrators as well as with a workforce of trades-workers and professional engineers. Preferred qualifications:
Senior level security management experience in either an academic or corporate setting with demonstrated experience in executing the duties described above.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW