Custodian - Part TimeCampus:
201100733Full or Part Time:
NoJob Description Summary:
Employees in this job perform a variety of custodial duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment for all Husson employees and students. Must maintain regular and punctual attendance and work effectively with members of their team. Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Education and Experience:
• Clean and service facilities and Husson Universtiy including:
o General service and cleaning.
o Clean and service restrooms.
o Sweep and mop and vacuum floors.
o Gather and dispose of trash and waste materials in multiple level buildings.
o Scrubs, strips and waxes floors with proper chemicals and equipment.
o Dust blinds, furniture, windowsills and heaters.
o Maintains inventory of chemicals and supplies needed for assigned work area.
o Shampoo carpets.
o Washes walls woodwork chairs tables etc.
o Set up and remove tables, chairs and furniture for special events
o Must clean and maintain equipment used in job tasks.
• Will be required to work weekends or adjusted work schedule
• Is responsible for supporting cost savings, quality improvement and safety related goals, projects and initiatives.
• Preforms any other duties that are associated with this position or as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Physical Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: High School diploma required or GED.
• Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment as well as occupational hazards and safety rules.
• Knowledge of how to clean using proper chemicals for each task
• Some knowledge of equipment used for this position.
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Valid driver’s license
• Interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to work independently or with a team, and maintain cohesion of custodial and supervisory team
• Reliable attendance and diligence to the job at hand
• Must be willing and able to be on campus during any shift as needs arise
• Must be neat and clean in a professional manner according to dress code
• Must be polite and courteous to others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Open Until Filled:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously stand, walk, and climb stairs. The employee is also required to frequently balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and work overhead, lift and carry 75 pounds, talk, and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is also required to occasionally sit, crawl, climb, and use ladders (up to 6 feet in height), as well as push and pull equipment on wheels that weighs up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
YesQuick Link to Posting: