DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – College of Liberal Arts and SciencesLecturer
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. The Department of Modern Languages seeks qualified individuals to join us as lecturers of language and/or culture for non-benefited, part-time teaching assignments. The specific course involved may vary from semester to semester, and may be taught in English or the target language, depending on departmental needs.such as lower level Chinese, German, French, Latin, and Spanish Lecturers may be asked to teach on campus or fully online.
The mission of the Department of Modern Languages is to create a learning environment in which students develop the linguistic skills and cultural knowledge necessary to participate in the global arena as informed, productive and compassionate world citizens.
The DML provides academic training to Master's students in Spanish; majors and minors in French and Spanish; Certificate students in Spanish; and a minor in Chinese Studies, as well as basic language training to students in the CU Denver undergraduate schools and colleges in fulfillment of the foreign language requirements.Position Summary
The Department of Modern Languages seeks qualified individuals to join us as lecturers of language and/or culture for non-benefited, part-time teaching assignments. The specific course involved may vary from semester to semester, and may be taught in English or the target language, depending on departmental needs.Essential Functions
Adjuncts are expected to fulfill all responsibilities associated with teaching assigned courses, including but not limited to:
• Conducting all assigned class meetings in a timely and prepared way
• Thorough and accurate correction of assignments, providing appropriate constructive feedback
• Prompt return of corrected work and recording of grades• Providing guidance and support to students
• Offering regular weekly office hours on campus for students
• Administering midterm course evaluations Salary and Benefits:
The lecturer salary is $1452 per credit hour per term for lower division courses and $1597 per credit hour per term for upper division courses. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
• MA in the language of instruction, education, linguistics, or a closely related field OR graduate standing in a Language program
• Superior proficiency in the language of instruction.Preferred Qualifications
• One or more academic years of language teaching at the college or university level with proven excellence and effectiveness.
• Experience and accomplishments in active support of diversity and inclusiveness.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
Aug 30, 2021Unposting Date: