Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R-041398 Job Title
Adjunct Faculty – CID-Coaching AcademyAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
College of Innovation and DesignProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
Adjunct Faculty refers to an educator hired to teach on a course by course basis throughout an academic year.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to the promotion of diversity and knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach up to six semester credit hours (up to two (2) courses per semester) within the required discipline.
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours and provide timely feedback on assignments, assessments, and evaluation to facilitate student success.
- Assess and report grades.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses OR a terminal degree in the field of study or closely related is required to teach graduate courses. Relevant fields of study include Education, Education Leadership or Administration, Kinesiology, Sport and Recreation Management, Physical Education, Sports Medicine, Exercise and Sport Science, Physiology, Nutrition and Fitness, etc.
- Experience: NA
- Knowledge / Skills: Proficient with computers and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Work with minimal supervision.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: NA
- Physical Requirements: NA
- Other Requirements: NA
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Online or hybrid teaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.