Assistant Director, Basketball Operations
Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Stanford University seeks a qualified individual for the full-time position of Assistant Director, Basketball Operations for Men's Basketball. This position will work under the primary direction of the Director of Men's Basketball Operations, with additional reporting responsibilities to the Financial Analyst for Sports Programs.
The Assistant Director is responsible for initiating and monitoring all financial transactions related to the Men's Basketball program. These transactions include advances, reimbursements, other checks, requisitions, journals, p-card transactions, travel card transactions, petty cash and deposits. In addition, the Assistant Director will perform other financial functions for the program such as reconciling and reporting. The Assistant Director will also provide administrative support in all aspects for all program staff. The position must have a clear understanding of university policies and procedures and NCAA regulations to assure responsible decisions concerning the business of an intercollegiate basketball program.Your responsibilities will include:Accounting and Finance
Men's Basketball Office
- Initiate financial transactions for the Men's Basketball program using correct transaction type; incorporate complete business description; use correct account, expense type, approval routing, and tax treatment; attach complete and correct backup information.
- Know/learn the business of the Men's Basketball program and anticipate expenses.
- Monitor and follow up on transactions with internal and external vendors, DAPER administrators and coaches, University accounts payable, travel and reimbursement, procurement, etc. to ensure all transactions are fully completed in a timely manner. Proactively investigate unusual items.
- Resolve problems with vendors, coaches and administrators, central University units, etc. Understand when and to what level to escalate issues.
- Assistant Camp Director for Men's Basketball Summer Camp program
- Answer questions regarding expense details as requested, including running reports in ReportMart3. Maintain supplemental budget tracking tools as requested by coaches and administrators.
- Assist with general analysis of DAPER expenditures, including preparing periodic reports.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Provide a warm reception, assistance and information to all visitors to the office
- Ensure all initial contact is appropriately directed and professionally handled.
- Oversee all aspects of office functionality by identifying resources necessary to continue business efficiency of program, including but not limited to maintenance of office equipment and scheduling university ITSS service for all computer or communication related problems.
- Provide support to all coaches and administrative staff; support includes but is not limited to screening phone calls and mail, reconciling recruiting expenses, monitoring all business details of program.
- Assist Head Men's Basketball Coach with recruiting and travel details
- Prepare, monitor and receive officiating fees for game officials; checks must be available on game day.
- Implement mailing of game tickets to officials based on officiating schedule received from Pac 12 Office.
- Prepare requisitions for visiting team guarantee checks.
- Assist Director of Operations and travel agent in all aspects of team travel.
- Assist assistant coaches with management of recruiting database.
- Provide support to Director of External Relations in all aspects of donor relations.
- Update and prepare job descriptions as directed by Head Men's Basketball Coach.
- Assist with camp and take an active role in increasing camp numbers
- Actively assembly, manage and grow data base of contact information of former players & assist w/ newsletter
- Be able to have other responsibilities based on the head coaches' discretion.
- Assist assistant coaches with management of recruiting database and their recruiting travel.
- Assist with recruit graphics
- Assist with home game day operations
- Assist with on campus recruiting visits
High School diploma or equivalent and two years' work experienceKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Preferred Qualifications DAPER's Integrity:
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting principles.
- Understanding of the University's financial systems (Oracle Financials) or other similar systems, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, and a customer service orientation.
- Sound judgment and attention to detail in all facets of the job.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a busy work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.Why Stanford is for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TEDTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our excellent exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2469252
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency