COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Job no: 499216
Department: Education Health & Society College
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Student
Categories: Office, Clerical, Administrative Support, Other
Job Title:Student AssociateSalary/Grade:
8.95/hr - 9.80/hr
Work assignments require limited direction and supervision.
Experience or specialized knowledge in the area required.
Ability to provide training or tutorial consultation for employees or students.
Assist faculty in planning or producing instructional materials.
Work directly with management in technical tasks.
● Maintain the Mindfulness Center space through various tasks like keeping up with organizing and re-stocking supplies
● Assist in record-keeping tasks for end-of-year reporting
● Assist in EDL 222 courses, in an Undergraduate Assistant capacity
● Design and manage advertising content (e.g. office administrative tasks)
● Work closely with Hannah Stohry, the instructor of the EDL 222 courses and GA in the Mindfulness Center
● Be familiar with contemplative practices and be willing to learn more about various worldview perspectives to enhance their experience assisting with the Center activities and EDL 222 activities
● Be willing to attend a few EDL 222 classes and/or weekly meditation in order to assist the instructor in tasks and activities
● Be willing to be a self-starter, and demonstrate independence in noting and completing tasks
● Be open to addressing ongoing tasks, and tasks as they arise (as related to UA-ing and maintaining the Center)
● Maintain open communication in completion of tasks
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected]
or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 30 Aug 2021 Eastern Daylight Time