Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to complete work and to meet deadlines
Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong prioritization and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learnResponsibilities The selected candidate will be responsible for conducting research at the Georgia Cancer Center, Medical College of Georgia and Augusta University. The main area of research interest is transcriptional and epigenetic control of cancer metabolism, using cell and animal models. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Teach and participate in complex bacteriological, chemical and/.or radio-chemical qualitative and quantitative analysis, macro- and micro-serological, histologic and cell culture procedures.
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other PostDocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Salary: $38,000/Annually - $47,476/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.