: Student Recruitment and OutreachLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Aug 23, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision of the Manager of Student Recruitment and Outreach, organize and implement recruitment outreach activities. Create and expand the awareness about Oakton's offerings within the community and local high schools; provide information, advise and counsel new and prospective students and their families regarding admission to the college and educational options available to them. Assist with web content, communications, and general recruitment data analysis.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance and advice to prospective students regarding the college's application procedure, policies, requirements, deadlines and programs in person, via phone, mail or electronic communication.
- Plan, organize and implement recruitment, orientation, and retention events both on and off campus for community members, business contacts, prospective traditional age and adult students, and minority groups.
- Represent the College at business, community, career centers, high school fairs and special events.
- Assist in the development of annual recruitment plans, which includes specific and measurable objectives, strategies, specific target populations, time lines, and evaluation methods. Prepare recruitment reports.
- Provide admission advising to prospective students through individual and group methods.
- Hire, train, schedule and oversee student employee(s).
- Coordinate tours, workshops, and presentations about the College for groups of prospective students, families, counselors, and community members.
- Develop procedures to communicate with and provide ongoing information to prospective students.
- In conjunction with the college's division offices, deans, and departments, develop, implement and evaluate activities and programs that create and expand awareness of the college and its programs to targeted populations.
- Coordinate and develop recruitment materials.
- Provide high quality service in all interaction with outreach contacts including but not limited to high school guidance directors, guidance counselors, high school teachers, college faculty, staff and administrators, prospective students, and community members.
- Participate in Enrollment Center cross training activities to develop knowledge in other functional student affairs areas in order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to students, staff, and community. Provide excellent customer service.
- As directed, provide Admissions services in the Enrollment Center.
- Coordinate on-site testing program for participating public high schools.
- Respond to inquiries via Oakton's on-line inquiry system.|
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required.
- Two years working experience in college admissions or a related field requiring similar communication and customer service skills are required.
- The ability to communicate college programs and services through group or one-on-one presentations and to explain college policies and/or practices clearly, both orally and in writing, is required.
- Will require the ability to concentrate on detailed work and work on multiple projects at one time.
- The ability to enter, retrieve and manipulate data on a computer is required. Experience with SCT Banner student information system preferred.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Manager of Student Recruitment and Outreach. Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Admissions.
General supervision is exercised over one or more student employees.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm - Some evenings required
SALARY: $48,870 - Salary may change due to the completion of the
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.