Student Accounts AssistantLocation:
Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Aug 30, 2021Description:
Under the direction of the Student Accounts Manager, the Student Accounts Assistant will serve as a primary point person for the Student Accounts Office. They will also serve as the primary point person for the Cashiering responsibilities for the College. The Assistant will serve in this dual capacity working to ensure a high level of customer service is given to our families and departments on campus. The Assistant will ensure that Student Accounts Receivables day to day postings are entered, and that they meet best practice guidelines in terms of technology and effectiveness and meets the College’s standard of excellence.
- Responsible for cash/check deposits brought to the Student Accounts Office and entering applicable Journal Entries for Cash paid to Student Accounts
- Accepts deposits and scans to NBT bank
- Serves as backup to Accountant on the following:
- Assists with the administration of cash held in the Business Office safe and petty cash reimbursements
- Serves as backup to reconciling petty cash, and periodically audits departments with petty cash
- Cash/Check deposits brought to Business Office
Accounts Receivables – Primary Office Contact
- Responsible for 1st point of contact for answering billing inquiries from parents and students regarding specific charges and account activity
- This will include, answering calls, replying to e-mails, in-office visits etc.
- Track phone calls and e-mails to recommend improvements to the Manager regarding common concerns to improve office communications
- Communicates with parents and students via e-mail, telephone and in person on questions regarding student accounts. Counsels parents and students regarding payment options including payment plans, financial aid, etc.
- Manages updates to the Website for both Student Accounts and Business Office
Accounts Receivables – Processing Duties
- Daily cash receipt entry for mailed student payments to the college and backup for wire payments
- Make necessary adjustments to accounts as requested by families to student accounts (e.g. Payment Plans)
- Regular follow-up with various campus offices to assist students with charges and aid forthcoming to assist with a prompt payment and ensure accurate information is communicated
- Post charges and credits received from various departments such as Health Insurance, Athletics, Residence Life, Health Center, late fees and others
- Assist with uncollected student accounts to 3rd party collections agent(s) with the Student Accounts Administrator
- Responsible for posting Dewar Tuition Insurance Waivers on a weekly basis
- Works in conjunction with the Manager to provide follow up on billing and payments for Abroad Programs
- Removes Student Account holds once accounts are cleared
- Serves as backup to Student Account Administrator
- Works with Manager on withdrawal adjustments for review
- Manages the collection of FERPA release forms for Student Accounts
- Assists Manager with W9-S collection in sending out forms on a regular basis
- Responsible for in-house mailing on an ad hoc basis that come from either Manager or Administrator for processing
- Other related duties as assigned
- Assist Student Account Administrator in generating Loan Debt letters either electronically or hard copy
- Serve as backup to Student Accounts Administrator
- Other related duties as assigned
Associates degree in business or related field plus two or more years of relevant experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in the use of desktop software and spreadsheet applications. Candidate should be detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, possess a strong customer service orientation, the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all campus constituencies, and the willingness to work as part of a team. Candidate must be, quality-driven and of maintain a high degree of data integrity and confidentiality.Application Instructions:
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.