Skidmore College invites applications from qualified registered professional nurses for the position of full time staff nurse in Student Health Services. Responsibilities include, among others, the physical and emotional assessment and triage of Skidmore College students and provision of support and assistance for campus advanced practice clinicians and physicians. The college health nurse works collaboratively with Health Services' clinical and support staff, students and their families, various campus departments and community resources in the development and provision of comprehensive health care and health related educational services.
Education: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
Experience: minimum of 3 years of clinical practice experience as a registered nurse in an ambulatory care, outpatient/community health care and/or Medical/Surgical setting. College health experience highly desirable. Well-developed interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. These are essential both for the daily clinical setting as well as the outreach functions of this position. Communication skills include listening, asking questions, stating problems or difficulties, asking for clarification and providing education/teaching, these skills are integral parts of communication as a nurse.
- Ability to think and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks
- Solid clinical assessment skills. Experience in history-taking and physical examination skills will enable the nurse to appropriately assess and triage a variety of individuals with varying degrees of physical and psychosocial conditions.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records
- Respect for and appreciation of diversity
Required documents needed to apply:
- On-line application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at Skidmore College and protect all members of the College community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.