Part-time Young Quakers Community Athletics Lacrosse Coach
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.Posted Job Title
Part-time Young Quakers Community Athletics Lacrosse CoachJob Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description Summary
Young Quakers Community Athletics (YQCA) is a partnership between the University of Pennsylvania's Netter Center for Community Partnerships and Penn Athletics.
Young Quakers Community Athletics has four (4) open lacrosse coach positions
- 4th-5th grade boys coach
- 4th-5th grade girls coach
- 6th-8th grade boys coach
- 6th-8th grade girls coach
The YQCA Head Coach will be responsible for practice planning and facilitating sessions with Big Quakers (Penn athletes) and UACS students (4th-8th grade students). Sessions will focus on Big Quaker and Young Quaker engagement and integrating life skill development into practice sessions. The YQ Head Coach will be responsible for regular communication to the Big Quakers about practice plans and expectations.Job DescriptionResponsibilities
- Attendance at all YQCA coach trainings, practices and competition
- Practice planning/facilitation
- Create detailed practice plans with focus on linking life skills to sports skills
- Facilitate sports skills and leadership/team building lessons with elementary and college student-athletes
- Communicate practice plans to YQCA senior staff and Penn athletes by assigned deadlines
- Complete game scheduling
- Coordinate special events such as opening/closing ceremonies
- High school degree and 5 to 7 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's preferred.
- Experience in sports-based youth development or related field (i.e. teaching); experience working with at risk urban youth preferred
- Extensive knowledge of lacrosse required
- Complete all Federal and state background checks/clearances
- September-June, practices 2x week
- 4-10 hours per week including practice facilitation and planning
- After-school hours (approximately 3-6pm); Occasional weekend commitments
: $20-$28 per hour commensurate with experience Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Arts and SciencesPay Range
$7.25 - $230.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Netter-Center-for-Community-Partnership/Part-time-Young-Quakers-Community-Athletics-Lacrosse-Coach_JR00039245
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency