University of Idaho
Executive Director of Public Safety & Security
Finance & Administration
$81,830 per year or higher depending on education and experience
The Executive Director of Public Safety and Security leads and manages the Office of Public Safety and Security, and is responsible for oversight and delivery of all university public safety, emergency management, campus security, and security systems, including coordination with contracted security service providers and law enforcement. The Executive Director maintains a high profile in the university community, striving to make frequent contact with community member, administrators, faculty, staff, and external agencies to share information and engage in problem-solving.
The Executive Director is accountable for all responsibilities and required actions outlined in APM Chapter 95: Public Safety and Security and any other related APM or FSH sections as denoted by “University Security,” “Office of Public Safety and Security,” “Executive Director of Public Safety and Security,” “Security,” “Senior Public Safety and Security Official,” or other reference to public safety, security, or emergency management leadership.
The Executive Director of Public Safety and Security supervises and directs the Deputy Director of Public Safety and Security and the Cleary Compliance Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in public safety and security, emergency management, or closely related discipline.
Eight years of progressively responsible experience in public safety and security, emergency management or closely related discipline including:
- 2 years leading and managing safety, security, or emergency management operations.
- Knowledge of the National Incident Management System and other local, state, and federal laws related to security and emergency management.
- Serving as liaison to internal and external stakeholders including law enforcement and/or emergency response organizations.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating safety and security programming
- Providing services in a complex, decentralized organization
Master’s Degree ICS 300 and 400 certifications Experience
- Working successfully with individuals from diverse background and cultures
- Working in higher education setting in a position related to safety, security, emergency management, or closely related discipline.
- Taking complex concepts and develop training plans appropriate to the needs and technical abilities of diverse audiences and deliver training in a variety of ways.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Extensive knowledge of the security and emergency management disciplines, including Incident Command and NIMS training.
Open Until Filled:
Applicants please provide a resume, list of 3 references and a letter of application which provides examples of how you meet each of the required experience, required education and any applicable additional preferred qualifications.
First consideration will be given to applications received by September 15th, 2021
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency