Job no: 504036
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
The Mobile and Web Application Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting and administering mobile and web applications. The Analyst will support technical configurations, changes, resolve user issues and work with vendors to ensure the performance and reliability of the applications (i.e. purchased vendor solutions and internally developed solutions).
- Provide technical support on vendor and custom-built applications.
- Research, design, implement and support Enterprise applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting user/systems.
- Setup monitoring and other notifications to learn of any issues with applications.
- Manage and enhance reliability and performance of supported applications.
- Install, configure and on-going administration of application.
- Follow IT practices and procedures for application support and management.
- Design and configure usage reporting and recommendations based on analytics.
- Design, organize and maintain online help resources for assigned applications.
- Program and maintain applications using procedural languages.
- Design web or mobile applications using existing solutions and tools.
- Report and work with vendors on selecting existing solutions to business needs.
- Maintain and enhance vendor and existing Web and Mobile applications.
- Develop scope, propose design, and other documents for projects.
- Develop application technical and user documentation.
- Provide training and workshops, as needed.
- Plan, coordinate and upgrade web and mobile applications to meet the goals of IT and SJSU.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Mobile application frameworks, development and tools.
- Knowledge of web and mobile application design and operation; including information architecture, web standards, browser/platform compatibility, site maintenance, and database design.
- Knowledge of web and mobile application tools, preferably Modo Labs and Appsian.
- Knowledge of communication and collaboration tools such as Comm100 and Marketo.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and web/mobile application software stack, including Linux, Apache, and similar software and tools.
- Knowledge in either/both C# and Java desired.
- Knowledge of Portal or App Store solutions including setup, administration and configuration.
- Skilled in iSupport use, processes and fields.
- Knowledge of IT processes includes ITIL Support Operations including Incident Management, Change and Problem Management,
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn IT requirements and solutions, and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU and SJSU policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience
- Three years of experience in business applications analysis, design, and programming for medium or large scale, multi-programmed computers
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 3 plus years in IT support or development
- 3 plus years web or mobile application support
- 3 plus years with implementing web or mobile application
Classification: Analyst Programmer-Career
Salary Range: $4,372/month - $10,792/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: August 27, 2021 through September 12, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: August 27, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled