: Franklin, MAPosted:
: Aug 28, 2021Closes:
: Feb 1, 2022 - 11:59 PM ESTType:
: Full-Time Academic YearPosition ID:
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
This position oversees the prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, care and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions for student-athletes. This position works under the medical supervision of the college team physician and reports to the Director of Athletics.
Service to Student-Athletes
- Provide direct student health care services to varsity student-athletes. Includes assessment of injuries and medical conditions, establishing plan of care, and providing rehabilitative and/or preventive treatment for future encounters;
- Assist students with health care needs and concerns by providing resources, education, guidance, and referral to and from the team Physicians, and other health care practitioners as necessary;
- Provide athletic training services during scheduled varsity team practices and contests, including traveling with teams, when appropriate;
- Supervise and schedule assistant athletic trainers and any outside athletic training services;
- Administer pre-participation examinations for all varsity student-athletes.
- Work collaboratively in creating and implementing policies and procedures for the effective operation of the sports medicine clinic;
- Facilitate communication with athletic director and coaches regarding all services being provided to athletics, including practice and game coverage and the health status of the student-athletes;
- Coordinate regular on-site team physician clinics.
- Collaborate with physician offices to schedule student-athlete appointments for follow up care or diagnostic imaging as necessary.;
- Coordinate and oversee patient referrals in consultation with team physician and Dean College health and counseling center;
- Maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality regarding student-athletes' medical, insurance, and academic records;
- Communicate effectively with coaches, student-athletes, faculty, parents, and others as necessary regarding the participation status of student-athletes;
- Serve as a point of contact for other college departments and outside providers/suppliers;
- Perform required record keeping for designated student-athletes, including injury, treatment, and progress notes;
- Work collaboratively in the maintenance and upkeep of the sports medicine clinic;
- May be asked to participate in a variety of academic and athletic efforts, including committee assignments and student recruitment efforts;
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies for the Athletic Training Room;
- Create an annual budget in collaboration with the Director of Athletics;
- Keep up to date on current practices in athletic training and maintain Massachusetts licensure;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in athletic training or related field preferred,
- Current BOC certification in good standing and current Massachusetts licensure;
- Five or more years' experience as an Athletic Trainer at the college level;
- Demonstrable skills in interacting effectively with students, staff, faculty, physicians, athletics personnel, parents, and others;
- Strong technological skills;
- Will require a non-traditional schedule to meet the needs of students and teams; includes evening and weekend events throughout the academic year;
- Current CPR for Professional Rescuers and Healthcare Providers/BLS for Healthcare Providers certification. Red Cross Instructor Certification in First Aid and CPR or willingness to obtain;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must have valid US driver's license.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.