Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement & Career DevelopmentPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement & Career Development is responsible for the creation and delivery of programs and events that strengthen alumni engagement and student career readiness. This is primarily accomplished through Alumni Weekend and Homecoming & Family Weekend, regional events, affinity and class reunions, and career development programs. The Assistant Director develops roles and encourages alumni to volunteer in progressively more meaningful ways. The Assistant Director also collaborates with Annual Giving staff on event-related fundraising efforts. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:· Oversees the annual planning, marketing, volunteer management, and overall execution of Alumni Weekend and Homecoming & Family Weekend. This includes coordinating all facets of affinity and class reunion programming.· Works with volunteers to plan, market, and execute regional events. In addition to traditional events, this includes send-off parties for incoming students, presidential and fundraising events.· Works with Marketing and College Advancement team members on the creation of consistent, professional, and attractive communications, social media, and invitations (print and online) for events aimed at encouraging attendance and participation.· Assists with walk-in career advising, employer development, and career development event planning.· Manages the Alumni Web site, social media presence, and online community/directory.· Assists with staffing and support of the Alumni Council and Student Alumni Association.· Represents the College when needed at on-campus, regional, and virtual events. Occasional extended work hours, including weekends, may be required.· Performs other related tasks and special projects as assigned. Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…Position Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree, valid driver’s license, and willingness to travel is required.
- Working independently within a strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Collegial, cooperative and collaborative working style with a diverse group of constituents and campus partners.
- A keen ability to foster, build, and maintain relationships on all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management, organizational, and planning skills and have a superior attentiveness to detail.
- A proactive manner and the ability and inclination to formulate and to articulate opinions creating consensus and momentum.
- Computer literacy with knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and desire to become familiar with specialized software.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Career Development & Alumni Engagement and works closely with other members of the College Advancement team. Provides supervision to student workers, interns, and volunteers as required.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in event planning, marketing, volunteer management, or related areas is preferred.
- Familiarity with Juniata College and its alumni community is preferred.
This individual must be willing to drive and travel.Open Date:
08/28/2021Open Until Filled: