Overview and Responsibilities
A Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing, designing, creating, modifying, testing, implementing, and maintaining enhancements and interfaces for assigned software applications. This position will lead software projects across functional departments and systems as needed. Responsibility for maintaining system documentation, training “power users”, providing technical support services, detailed systems design and development, strategic area planning, and providing reports/reporting capability for relevant application areas. This position reports to the Applications Team Manager.
This position may allow for a flex remote work capacity whereby time is spent in a remote setting as well as on-campus as needed to meet job responsibilities. Work placement, remote and on-site, is determined based upon the needs of the College. Remote work parameters are subject to CVTC guidelines, handbook, and specific individual department workplace expectations.
- Provide technical support for implementation and administration of assigned module(s) of the College Information Systems. May work across, and provide support for, multiple Banner modules and College systems.
- Provide and demonstrate leadership role for other Analyst staff.
- Provide detailed business/systems analysis and design for on-going business process improvements.
- Review user requirements and needs, complete all programming, testing, and documentation necessary to complete development tasks.
- Prepare software requirements following standards.
- Provide technical support and assistance for software development by other staff.
- Continually monitor emerging technology trends in areas of responsibility in order to quickly adapt to new technologies/business change.
- Develop, modify, and maintain assigned software applications per requirements.
- Carry out fact finding and program analysis of problems; apply established procedures to bring resolution.
- Provide technical advice and support to users; this includes creating ad-hoc reports, data analysis and correction, training, and problem solving.
- Provide training to other IT Analysts in areas of responsibility to increase the business and technical understanding.
- Create and maintain user and technical documentation.
- Create reports using standard reporting tools such as Cognos.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write moderate to complex PL/SQL applications and SQL statements.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems Banner, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365, Ellucian CRM Recruit, and CRM Advise.
- Ability to learn and utilize software development tools such as TOAD, Page Builder, etc. Software developed and deployed utilizing department supported tools and languages.
- Significant knowledge and experience with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to mentor others in best practices and procedures.
- Ability to lead software projects across functional department(s) and systems.
- Ability to create test plans to effectively test developed software.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems Windows and Linux.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Advanced knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related field, plus additional related training and/or education, such as a bachelor’s degree in a computer science related field.
- Advanced technical certifications and specialized training in computer programming related languages.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in systems analysis and design and development experience in a similar environment.
- Experience writing moderate to complex PL/SQL applications and SQL statements.
- Experiece with ERP systems Banner, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365, Ellucian CRM Recruit, and CRM Advise preferred.
- Experience in project leadership preferred.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711