Job no: 517949
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:11060000 - RE-SPONSORED PROGRAMS
Spons Prgs Contr Officer I
Award Negotiation and Acceptance:
- Review and negotiation of complex federal, industry and foreign contracts and agreements, non-disclosure agreements, data use agreements, and other agreements relating to research, training and other sponsored programs, including any modifications or amendments thereto;
- Represents the Division in relationships with sponsors;
- Reviews, evaluates and interprets complex contracts and agreements for compliance with UF Policies and
- Procedures, and applicable governmental regulations;
- Evaluates, interprets, negotiates and applies federal and sponsor policy and regulations to determine acceptable conditions of awards including such areas as: Conflict of Interest, Export Control, Intellectual
- Property, Indemnity, Governing law, Cost Principles, data and information security requirements, Human use, Animal use and lab safety;
- Coordinates with appropriate University experts and offices (i.e., the Office of Technology Licensing, Contracts and Grants Accounting, General Counsel, Division of Research Compliance, IRB, IACUC, EHS, Privacy Office) as needed throughout negotiations for review and feedback;
- Reviews official proposal budget and scope of work to ensure the award reflects the proper indirect cost rate, budget expectations and timelines.
- Maintains knowledge with university and sponsor electronic research administration systems in order to ensure timely and compliant post award activities;
- Maintains accurate and complete files and records for each award or agreement in UFIRST;
- Ensures that proposals are in UFIRST as the basis for negotiating the award;
- Ensures that agreements and modifications are entered in UFIRST accurately and completely;
- Maintains positive and productive business relationships within the University and with its Sponsors;
- Acts as a liaison between faculty, campus administrators, agency officials, as well as federal, state, and local offices to troubleshoot problems or issues that develop during the course of a project;
- Participates in the shared responsibility for ensuring responsible stewardship for funds provided by external sponsors through responsible payment structures in agreements.
- The Officer will maintain knowledge of federal, state and non-profit sponsor regulations, policies, requirements, procedures, and other areas pertinent to the scope of work assigned through self-study, research, participation in professional development, and attendance at webinars and conferences. The Officer will assist in detecting areas where new regulations need to be interpreted, implemented and communicated into existing and, as warranted development of new policy statements, procedural guidelines and associate business objects.
- The Officer will be responsible to identify operational problems and deficiencies of any nature or when problems are discovered, resolve those within limits of authority or coordinate resolutions with the Assistant Director of Sponsored Programs. Is expected to identify necessary reports, upgrades, enhancements and innovations to ensure transparent and efficient processing of industrial and federal contracts.
Commensurate with education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in research administration.
Prefer applicants with a J.D. and experience negotiating complex agreements.
Active membership with the Florida bar is not required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references.
A criminal background check is required.
This is not a remote work position, and it is located on the University of Florida's main campus in Gainesville, FL.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 14 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time