Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-041323 Job Title
Enrollment Support SpecialistAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Undergraduate AdmissionsProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matters, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
Rate of pay: $15.33 per hour
The Enrollment Support Specialist is responsible for providing timely and professional responses received by phone or electronically from current and prospective students, their families, the community, and other constituents who inquire about the steps to enrollment. The Enrollment Support Specialists provides information related to student support services, resolves difficulties encountered in the enrollment process, and impacts student satisfaction by delivering excellent customer service. Under the supervision of the Enrollment Support Manager, the Enrollment Support Specialists contributes to strategic enrollment management goals related to student enrollment and retention.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to a high volume of inbound telephone and electronic inquiries from prospective and current students, including those who are not proficient in English, and provides general information and solutions to challenges.
- Performs a high volume of outbound calls via calling campaigns to prospective students concerning steps within the enrollment process.
- Consults with prospective and current students by accurately explaining program offerings and assessing what relevant information to share.
- Performs data entry to input and maintain accurate student information into the student information system, CRM, and other software systems.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current students through consistent and effective outreach and follow-up.
- Works collaboratively within the Division to implement strategies designed to increase student enrollment and retention.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses/conferences, and attending training and/or courses required by the supervisor.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Offices of Undergraduate Admissions by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two (2) years of related experience is required. Working knowledge of or the ability to learn and use database applications, customer relationship manager (CRM) system, and other systems or applications that may be used within the University or division is required. The ability to operate and troubleshoot electronic office equipment, computers, and peripherals is required. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team. Provide strong customer service and a detail-oriented approach to the position. Work a flexible schedule beyond normal hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., which may include weekend hours, is required.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for extended periods during scheduled shifts.
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
A degree is preferred. Experience working with students in a college or classroom environment is preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.