Search #: 495589
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Fiscal, Accounting and Budget
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Department of Chemistry seeks qualified applicants for a full-time position as a Financial Assistant 1. The Department of Chemistry’s staff provides quality professional services to a diverse and thriving community of students and faculty engaged in innovative research and academic excellence. Under the supervision of the Educational Program Administrator and the CLAS Shared Services Business Center, the incumbent will process and maintain financial transactions and records for the Department of Chemistry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scans, organizes, submits, and maintains fiscal documents for the department including purchasing, travel, and other disbursements.
- Analyzes and verifies and enters details of transactions such as invoices, requisitions, reimbursements, and other disbursements in accordance with university, college, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Verifies and approves payment requests and internal billing documents.
- Assists with reviewing and closing purchase orders.
- Assists with placing orders and following up with vendors to resolve problems and assure timely delivery.
- Assists with managing departmental accounts, including account creation and adjustments.
- Monitors accounts receivables and follows up with outstanding payments.
- Sets up new vendors for payments and reimbursements.
- Assists with ordering, receiving, and dispensing office supplies.
- Prepares and distributes invoices for department service facilities (NMR, Mass Spec, Stockroom).
- Provides data to CLAS Business Services Center for budget preparation.
- General help in the main office.
- Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSBachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related fieldUp to one year of experience in accounting or bookkeeping or related areaExcellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skillsDemonstrated customer service skillsExcellent computer skills including experience in MS Office Suite
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSExperience working in a higher education settingAbility to follow established procedures and compile new onesAbility to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495589 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on October 26, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Oct 12 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 26 2021 Eastern Daylight Time