Search #: 495596
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Fiscal, Accounting and Budget
The Institute for Student Success (ISS) is seeking applicants for the position of Financial Assistant 2. Under the supervision of the Fiscal Manager for ISS, this position will provide support in the Business Office for the Institute for Student Success with a focus on First-Year Programs and Learning Communities. Duties will include assisting with business and personnel processes including purchasing, accounts payable, travel, grant management, and budget monitoring/reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides financial, administrative, and programmatic support for the Institute for Student Success
- Assists Department Managers with a variety of financial questions and issues
- Assists Fiscal Manager with purchasing, accounts receivable and payable, reimbursements, travel arrangements, budget monitoring, and expense reconciliation.
- Manages invoice processing. Verifies purchase orders and available funds.
- Monitors, tracks, and maintains accurate financial records and prepares reports for Fiscal Manager and Unit Heads.
- Prepares regular financial statements for each unit and makes available timely and accurate financial information, including budget projections and analysis.
- Assists with grants management including grants from the Department of Education and the National Science Foundation.
- Assists with bookkeeping and fiscal procedures, ensuring compliance with established procedures.
- Assist with hiring and other HR/Payroll functions.
- Performs other program-related duties as required.
- May require evening or weekend hours on occasion in support of program events and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Two to three years of related fiscal experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Excellent computer skills including experience in MS Office Suite
- Commitment to diversity and the mission of the Institute for Student Success
- Experience with Kuali Financial System
- Experience working with grant management
- Experience working in a higher education setting
This is a permanent full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be between $50-$52k; commensurate with skills and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495596 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on September 24, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Aug 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 24 2021 Eastern Daylight Time