Assistant Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, School of Humanities, invites applications for a full-time, tenure-line faculty member in the Communication Sciences and Disorders program at Penn State Harrisburg. The successful applicant will be hired at the Assistant Professor level. The position will begin in August, 2022. DUTIES
- Teach courses in the major
- Publish scholarly research on a regular basis
- Engage in professional development and outreach
- Advise students in the major
- Earned Ph.D., Au.D., or Ed.D. completed by August 1, 2022 in Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, or a closely related field
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Knowledge of ASHA accreditation standards
- Expertise in one of the following fields: Dysphagia, Clinical Phonetics, Anatomy and Physiology, Organic Disorders of Speech and Language, Language Disorders and Clinical Bases of Language Disorders, Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Disorders of Articulation and Phonology, Audiology as demonstrated by dissertation research, publications, or conference presentations on these subjects.
- Teaching experience in higher education
- A record of publication in the field (meaning one or more publications in peer-reviewed journals in the discipline)
- Experience supervising CSD students in clinical settings
For information on Penn State Harrisburg and the program please visit our websites at https://harrisburg.psu.edu/
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Names and contact information for at least three references
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/Penn-State-Harrisburg/Assistant-Professor-of-Communication-Sciences-and-Disorders_REQ_0000017710-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/
, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency