Assistant Women's Basketball CoachLocation:
Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Aug 25, 2021Description:
Under limited supervision and direction, the Assistant Coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach in all aspects of the Basketball Program for the College. Using independent judgment and discretion, the Assistant Coach has responsibility in such critical areas as instructing student athletes, recruitment, supporting student athlete academic progress, budget management, scheduling, managing travel, compliance with NCAA and NESCAC rules and regulations and internal policies and procedures, and ensuring that the overall integrity and image of the program meets the College’s high level of excellence.
Assistant Coaches will be responsible for teaching a minimum number of Physical Education classes, a mandatory requirement of the undergraduate Hamilton curriculum. Assistant Coaches will also be required to perform other reasonable job-related duties as assigned.
The salary for this position is $48,750.
The following list provides examples of the primary duties of the Assistant Coach. However, these duties are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Teach the fundamentals of the sport during meetings, practices and games
- Teach enrolled students in classroom setting in the general area of physical education
- Devise and implement athletic strategies for the team
- Cultivate and support the academic development of student-athletes by monitoring the academic progress and status of team members and implementing action plans when appropriate
- Identify, evaluate and recruit prospective student-athletes
- Assist with administration of Program’s budget through monitoring expenditures for purchase of equipment and supplies
- Coordinate on-campus team meals with Bon Appétit to ensure nutritional and dietary needs of student-athletes
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine regarding injury prevention strategies and student-athlete rehabilitation techniques
- Ensure the safety of all student-athletes by scheduling practice sessions in compliance with applicable rules and regulations, overseeing selection and fitting of team equipment and making recommendations for improvements to equipment and supplies
- Plan and organize team travel including coordinating appropriate budget with Athletic Business Office for travel and related expenses
- Manage alumni relations and coordinate correspondence with alumni, boosters, and parents
- Promote the Athletics Department and Program through community events, public speaking, fundraising and marketing
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the Athletics Department, Program and College
- Ensure adherence to all NCAA, NESCAC (or other conference) and College rules by athletes, supporting staff and others and reporting of any potential issues to Head Coach and/or Athletic Director
- In absence of Head Coach, and with approval of Athletics Director, ensure continued operations of Program and assume Head Coach duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Attend seminars, conferences and other professional development opportunities
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in an appropriate area of specialization and experience coaching and/or playing at the intercollegiate level is required. Evening and weekend work is necessary. Candidate must have a valid active driver’s license. A successful background check is mandatory.Application Instructions:
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.