Mathematics Instructor (Full-Time Temporary) Location:
Savannah State Recruiting Loc Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the oldest public historically black college or university in Georgia and the oldest institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university’s students select majors from four colleges — Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.
The College of Education (COE) seeks a highly qualified and committed Fulltime Temporary Mathematics Instructor to teach courses in our BSED Mathematics Education and the MGED Math & Science Programs. This position also serves in co-curricular and extracurricular functions at Savannah State University. In addition to the math education course load, this position is also responsible for foundation and professional education courses with the teacher preparation program.
Applicants should possess:
- Ability to effectively teach in a close, collegial environment dedicated to the teaching-learning relationship.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity.
- Ability to use technology effectively in online, hybrid, and classroom teaching and learning.
- Provide quality teaching including related preparation, engaged student learning and meaningful assessment.
- Provide class syllabi to students enrolled in classes and to the department office as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
- Masters degree in a content area (Math or Math Education)
- Experience teaching in middle/high school
- Online teaching experience
- Ph.D or Ed.D
- Experience teaching college-level teacher education courses
- Availability for to teach day courses (8:00am-4:00pm)
- Knowledge of GA MGED & Secondary Math Education curriculum frameworks
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah Stare University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.