Position SummaryApplication Review Date: September 27, 2021
This position is for a skilled maintenance technician that is full-time, 12-month, benefit eligible. Coconino Community College represents what is best in our County: Diversity, Stewardship, Volunteerism, Education, Innovation, and Community.
The college offers an extensive benefits package which is often hard to find in the current job market. We participate in the Arizona State Retirement System and offer full medical, dental, vision, and life plans along with a generous paid time off program that includes 21 paid holidays, vacation time and sick time. We also offer discount auto and home insurance, pre-paid legal, disability plans, pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and other optional retirement plans.
The maintenance tech's job makes a daily difference in the quality of the learning experience we provide. This critical role performs skilled maintenance and mechanical duties district-wide, which may include general repair, building upkeep, HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, college event set-up and landscaping. If an applicant is missing one of these skills, we are willing to train. If needed, this role may supervise temporary employees and student workers.The Human Resources Diversity Statement
The Human Resources Team commits to fostering a culture where each person, employee or not - feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive and empathetic way. We purposefully construct and nurture a focus upon community and inclusiveness. All lives matter regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ethnicity, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, age, immigration status, or location.
In HR, every experience matters, and it is our goal to make those experiences matter for you. Title IX Disclaimer
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The goal of CCC is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link: https://www.coconino.edu/title-ix Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to immediate requests for repair work throughout the college campuses to support quality learning environment.
- Participates as a member of the facilities crew in planned preventative maintenance programs and activities.
- Diagnoses, services, and repairs problems related to computerized energy management systems.
- Performs carpentry, which includes painting and repairing damaged walls and doors, as requested or needed.
- Services and repairs damage to and malfunctions in, heating and air conditioning units. Also makes electrical and plumbing repairs. Installing, maintaining, and removing plumbing fixtures. Also working with electrical circuits, and work is to be performed as requested or needed. Work may be preventative in nature.
- Maintains records of work orders, service logs, preventative maintenance schedules and other related files.
- Purchases and places orders for materials, supplies and equipment with approval.
- Performs various custodial/ housekeeping duties, such as emergency clean-up and arranging furniture for various activities and functions on and off campus.
- Assists in snow removal duties that includes, but is not limited to shoveling, operating snow blower, back hoe, Bobcat, and other various equipment.
- Delivers, picks up material, and performs other related errands.
- Maintains the grounds and performs gardening duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Note: This position will be required to be on call on a rotation basis, part of the college's snow-removal team and need to work occasional weekends or evenings.
- Note: This position is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Enjoys performing maintenance functions, diagnosing problems and finding solutions. Knowledge of general office procedures and practices. Knowledge of Microsoft software packages suggested. Skill in interpersonal communication and interacting with diverse co-workers and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information, and to receive work direction in a positive manner. Bi-lingual (verbal, written, manual) a plus!
Any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department that would be equivalent to an Associate's Degree and 2 years of experience in general maintenance.