Job location: MC-Main Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Professor, Fine Arts
POSITION TITLE: FACULTY, INTERIOR DESIGN
STATUS: Full time Tenure Track
DEPARTMENT: Fine Arts
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT: Placement on salary schedule is dependent on qualifications.
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Qualifications include education and related work experience.
Adapt to new and changing situations and demonstrate a positive attitude. Demonstrate respect for students; understand learning styles and apply understanding to institution-related activities; demonstrate integrity and promote diversity and open communication. Fifteen credit hours a semester constitute a standard load. Course assignments may be late afternoon, evening, Saturday, and at branch campuses or satellite centers. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Fifteen (15) contact hours per semester; thirty (30) contact hours per year of assigned classes including multiple sections of Interior Design, Kitchen/Bath Design and AutoCAD related courses; five (5) office hours per week is required.
2. Maintain a thorough knowledge of Interior Design trends, materials, industry and related field of study.
3. Manage the Interior Design lab and continually evaluate and update CAD software program and libraries for the lab.
4. Communicate the role, importance and impact of Interior Design to District 525 by actively recruiting new students via high school visitations, participating with students in professional showcase homes, writing news releases, participating in Interior Design career day, and participating in the creation of workshops for returning students.
5. Develop new courses and revise existing Interior Design courses to keep the program current, vital and on the cutting edge of the Interior Design industry.
6. Be involved in professional Interior Design organizations as a means to keep informed of changes in professional examinations and Interior Design licensing.
7. Actively serve on the Interior Design advisory committee.
8. Assist students with academic advising.
9. Teach at other campus sites as needed.
10. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the subject matter necessary to teach the assigned course load and keep informed of developments in related areas.
11. Participate in departmental meetings and meet other contractual obligations.
12. Participate in course development, assessment, committee service, and planning activities.
13. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College faculty contract.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
2. Work experience in Interior Design (one year minimum required).
3. Three years teaching experience in the discipline (community college experience preferred). Applicants with minimal teaching experience who demonstrate exceptional promise for excellent teaching may be considered.
4. Experience with Auto CAD and visualization programs required
5. Demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
6. Demonstrate expertise in utilization of appropriate technology for instructional delivery.
1. Master’s Degree with a major in Interior Design or Architecture.
2. N.K.B.A. certification. Candidates intentions to obtain certification will be considered.
3. Illinois Registered Interior Designer.
4. Community college level experience.
5. Experience in using course management systems.
6. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
1. Normal classroom physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual classroom and computer lab environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):