The Associate Director of Admissions will work collaboratively across the school and externally to optimize the William James College (WJC) enrollment management goals for prospective applicant/student success. The Associate Director will work within the guidelines of institutional recruitment, persistence and retention strategies. The Associate Director will assist with strategic and operational day to day enrollment management planning and initiatives.
- Evaluates admissions applications and related documents.
- Facilitates admissions interviews and decisions for admissions to the school.
- Counsels prospective applicants/students and families regarding admissions requirements for a successful admission into WJC.
- Givers tours of the campus.
- Consults with other departments, and communicates the admissions process to all involved.
- Corresponds with prospective students to in a manner that will result in the achievement of fully completed applications.
- Actively stewards prospective applicants through their enrollment at WJC.
- Communicates with all constituencies inside and outside WJC in a manner that will result in a positive student enrollment at WJC.
- Instructs faculty and administrators on their involvement with the Admissions Office.
- Represents the school in various recruiting activities, such as, attendance at conferences, fairs, campus visit events and telemarketing, both internal and external, to assist in the recruitment of new students.
- Represents the Admissions Office at assigned meetings.
- Leads Admissions events to include introductions, orientation, and event program explanation to administrators, faculty, and visitors.
- Oversees and directs all temporary staff, including work study students in a manner that will result in an efficient use of their time.
- Collaborates with faculty for a smooth and informed admissions process.
- Maintains records of recruitment efforts and applicant correspondence per department guidelines.
- Keeps current on all WJC program updates and offerings.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Department in the promotion and execution of such initiatives.
- Organizes and implements concise recruitment related and follow-through communications with potential students and internal constituencies.
- Deals with sensitive information always conserving the appropriate care and discretion.
- Recruits volunteers for Admission Department functions and initiatives.
- Prepares and updates the Student Ambassador database.
- Ensures accurate functioning of all on-line application, admission, and enrollment tools.
- Seeks and secures inclusion and collaboration of other departments in the recruitment process including but not limited to the Dean of Students, Financial Aid, Veterans, Field Placement.
- Reports admission process and enrollment data for each academic program and is able to evaluate it.
- In the absence of the Director of Admissions provides supervision of the Admissions Office.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) or more year’s experience, working in admissions or related field.
- Familiarity with student recruitment or agencies that assist students in issues of school access is preferred.
- Position requires knowledge of and enthusiasm for the School’s mission; sensitivity to multicultural issues and a commitment to building a socially and economically diverse applicant pool.
- Thorough understanding of admission policies, procedures and terminology
- Effective and efficient time management expertise required
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability and willingness to learn basic data querying of admission information systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Applicant must be able to assume employment in the U.S. without College sponsorship
Please send cover letter and resume to Michelle Costa, Human Resource Recruiting Manger, at [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed when submitted, and considered until the position is filled.
William James College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is a community that embraces multiculturalism. As such, persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.