Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Men's Golf. The Assistant Coach, Men's Golf will assist the Head Coach in managing, mentoring, and leading the Men's golf team in practice, travel, competition, and daily activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the University's mission and athletic department core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE and STRENGTH.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of NCAA Division II, Sunshine State Conference, and Lynn University.
- Assist in scheduling of team functions, practice, workouts, and travel
- Assist in the recruitment of future potential student-athletes including email/phone correspondence and recruit campus visits
- Travel with the team to tournaments
- Assist in driving the team van to and from campus to practice
- Assist with various in-office administrative duties
- Attend necessary department meetings and participate in university sanctioned events
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- NCAA Recruiting certification required for recruiting purposes (can be done upon arrival in the Fall)
- Ability to work well with a diverse population of student-athletes and coaches
- Ability to encourage team cohesiveness and moral
- Experience playing competitive golf at the collegiate level.
- Experience coaching at collegiate level or instructing in the game of golf preferred
- Clean driving record.
- Level II background check required.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, email@example.com, or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.