Assistant Coach - Men's Golf
- Lynn University
- Boca Raton, Florida
- Executive Administration Jobs
- Other Executive Administration
- Administrative Jobs
- Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs Jobs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Men's Golf. The Assistant Coach, Men's Golf will assist the Head Coach in managing, mentoring, and leading the Men's golf team in practice, travel, competition, and daily activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the University's mission and athletic department core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE and STRENGTH.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of NCAA Division II, Sunshine State Conference, and Lynn University.
- Assist in scheduling of team functions, practice, workouts, and travel
- Assist in the recruitment of future potential student-athletes including email/phone correspondence and recruit campus visits
- Travel with the team to tournaments
- Assist in driving the team van to and from campus to practice
- Assist with various in-office administrative duties
- Attend necessary department meetings and participate in university sanctioned events
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- NCAA Recruiting certification required for recruiting purposes (can be done upon arrival in the Fall)
- Ability to work well with a diverse population of student-athletes and coaches
- Ability to encourage team cohesiveness and moral
- Experience playing competitive golf at the collegiate level.
- Experience coaching at collegiate level or instructing in the game of golf preferred
- Clean driving record.
- Level II background check required.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Working at Lynn isn't just a job ... it's a mission.
Our people are talented enough to do anything, but they choose to work at Lynn because they believe that they are contributing to something important.
Our top priority is to support our students as they achieve their dreams—and we pride ourselves on finding intellectually fearless people who enable us to constantly improve and adapt. We embrace new ideas, and we continually challenge ourselves to be better, faster, first. Here, you’ll be free to think differently. We celebrate innovation and we don’t let bureaucracy get in the way of a good idea. The words "we've always done it this way" are never uttered.
Most importantly, Lynn employees go above and beyond for our students, parents, alumni and supporters. We’re available and responsive, and we learn from them just as much as they learn from us.
Lynn University has been recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in the areas of:
- Respect and appreciation
- Work/life balance
- Compensation and benefits
- Collaborative governance
- Confidence in senior leadership
- Facilities, workspace and security
- Job satisfaction
- Supervisor/department chair relationship
Culture and Community
Our employees enjoy lots of events aimed at reducing stress, encouraging a healthy lifestyle and creating a strong sense of community. These events include cooking lessons, Lunch 'n Learn workshops and 5Ks, as well as festivities like Furry Friend Friday and Bring Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day.
We also promote community involvement, and traditionally have taken part in events such as:
- The Corporate Run
- Gift drives for underprivileged children
- Food drives
- Fundraising for a variety of local and national charitable organizations
View our online photo album to see more events that Lynn employees take part in.
Mission and vision
The mission of Lynn University today is the same mission that has defined the institution through its first 50 years and that will continue to define it in the future.
Our mission is to provide the education, support and environment that enable individual students to realize their full potential and to prepare for success in the world.
Lynn’s vision is to be recognized as one of the most innovative, international and individualized small universities in America. Lynn University will capitalize on its youth, location and close student and faculty bonds to become a forerunner institution, a different kind of learning center, an independent, innovative 21st century university that is unusually devoted to preparing young persons for America’s and the world’s future. To do so, Lynn will:
- Remain relatively small, with approximately 2,400 undergraduate and 600 graduate students, and 500 or more adults enrolled annually in continuing education courses and institutes. A multi‐faceted, coeducational, primarily residential university with a small‐college atmosphere.
- Admit a wide array of diverse students, from those with learning differences to the gifted, and those from many countries of the world and states across the nation.
- Be grounded in the liberal arts but contain a collection of colleges oriented toward emerging professional opportunities, each of which feature superior teaching, applied learning and international focus and experiences.
- Contain a hallmark student development program that discerns each student’s strengths, shortcomings and special needs and works to develop his or her full capabilities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert